Good News Lutheran Church website policies
We established this website to provide information about Good News Lutheran Church, Middle Park, Queensland (Good News), and a way of getting in touch with us. Good News makes no warranties of any kind about this site or any site accessible through this site. Good News does not warrant that your access to the site will be uninterrupted or error free, that any defects will be corrected or that the site or server that stores and transmits content to you is free of viruses or any other harmful components.
We shall not be liable to you for any loss of profit, anticipated profits, revenues, anticipated savings, goodwill or business opportunity, or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage as a result of use of our site or other services.
Good News exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, and the good news about Jesus is counter-cultural. It is possible that through visiting our website and becoming part of our community you will be challenged to change in new and unexpected ways. We make no warranties that this won’t happen!
This agreement and this website are subject to the laws of Queensland and Australia. If there is a dispute between you and Good News that results in litigation then you must submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland, Australia.
Good News abides by the National Privacy Principles of Australia for the protection of your personal information as provided for in the Privacy Amendment Private Sector Act 2001 and the Privacy Act (Cth) 1988.
We want you to feel safe and confident about using our website, contacting us and becoming part of our community, so we’ve provided this information about how we use your data at Good News:
- When you visit our website, no personal data is collected. Cookies are used to collect anonymous data about usage of our website, and analytical tools provide statistics on this data.
- When you contact us via our website, a person will respond to your query using email or another method that you request. We don’t allow automated sign-up to our newsletters. (This is to protect the privacy of our other members: we need to know a bit about you first.)
- We store the contact information you provide when you contact us securely, to protect against unauthorised access or use.
- Regarding our email newsletters, we comply with the SPAM Act 2003 (Australia) by:
o Only signing you up for our newsletter with your express consent, even if you’ve already shared your email address with us;
o Providing an automated unsubscribe link in our email newsletters.
- While Good News Lutheran Church is legally responsible to the Lutheran Church of Australia, in practice the personal information you provide to us is stored at the level of our congregation. Reporting to state or national Lutheran Church of Australia bodies occurs as statistics only. We will never provide your personal information to a third party without your consent, unless we are required to by law.
Change of personal information
If you need to update personal information provided to us, please use the contact us details on our website.
Breach of privacy
Good News strives to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our website, and periodically updates its security measures in light of current technologies.
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse or loss and from unauthorised modifications, access or disclosure. Should there be any breach of security, we will take immediate steps to notify you of this. Once your personal information is no longer needed by us, we take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently restrict access to your information. We cannot be held responsible for the security or confidentiality of any information sent to us via email or through unencrypted web pages.
If you have any concerns or other feedback about how we have handled your personal information, please use this complaints form:
Good News is a congregation of the Lutheran Church of Australia (LCA). Please visit their website for information about LCA policies.